Luxury Chauffeured Whisky Distillery Tours
When you think “Scotland”, what comes to mind? Stunning scenery, haggis, kilts, tartan….and probably whisky.
A visit to Scotland wouldn’t be complete without a trip or two to a whisky distillery, and White 7 Edinburgh is the luxury chauffeur service that can take you there is style.
Whichever distillery you’d like to visit, White 7 Edinburgh can create the perfect itinerary for you, taking into account your timings and any other places you plan to visit during your time in Scotland.
Your chauffeur Neil is a self-confessed whisky enthusiast. What he doesn’t know about whisky isn’t worth knowing! He has an unrivalled knowledge of single malt whisky and has been organising whisky distillery tours and tastings for many years so you’ll be in good hands.
You’ll travel to and from the distilleries in complete comfort thanks to our BMW 730 Ld M Sport limousine. With its executive lounge seating with extra leg room and adjustable seats, you’ll enjoy stress-free travel no matter how long the journey is.
If you like the sound of having your very own whisky tour organised for you, give Neil a call on 07803 753554 or email him at [email protected]
Which distilleries should you include in your whisky tour?
Known as the “water of life”, whisky is big business in Scotland. There are over 130 whisky distilleries across the country, making Scotland the greatest concentration of whisky production in the world.
There are 5 whisky distillery regions across Scotland, each giving the whisky produced there a unique flavour. Factors such as the source of the water and even the presence of peat in the area can influence how the whisky tastes. You’re sure to find a favourite!
The five whisky distillery regions are:
- Speyside – One of the most famous, not just for the high number of distilleries (50!) but also its gorgeous countryside of rivers and glens. Popular distilleries to visit include The Macallan and Glenfiddich.
The whisky produced here have a flavour profile of fruity, sweet, spicy and vanilla.
- Islay – Known to many as “whisky island”, there are 9 distilleries on this island which lies just off the west coast of Scotland in the Inner Hebrides. Bowmore, located here, is said to be one of the oldest distilleries in Scotland dating back to 1779.
Islay whisky is powerful, peaty, smoky, sweet and salty.
- Highland – This is the largest whisky producing region and home to 47 distilleries including Glenturret and Balblair.
The flavour profile for Highland whisky is fruity, sweet, spicy and malty.
- Campbeltown – This may be the smallest region with just three distilleries but it still packs a punch. Springbank, Glen Scotia and Glengyle’s are all popular with whisky lovers.
The whisky produced in Campbeltown is fruity, peaty, sweet and smoky.
- Lowland – This is a region set amongst the stunning scenery of southern Scotland. One of the highlights here is the Glenkinchie distillery, the lowland home of Johnnie Walker.
Lowland whisky has a flavour profile of light, unpeated, floral, citrusy and sweet.
The perfect gift experience
A whisky tour is not only the perfect treat for you but also an amazing gift for the whisky lover in your life. Throw in the luxury chauffeured travel and you’ll be onto a winner!
Whatever the occasion, White 7 Edinburgh can make it a truly memorable experience. Get in touch to discuss your tailor-made whisky tour.